Friday, September 12, 2014

Hodgkins Lymphoma...

So.. there it is.. most of you already know but I thought I'd update my blog as well; since it's been about a month..





A lot of fun has happened since, and a lot of craziness has happened as well.

Libby started preschool! She absolutely loves her teacher and she loves school as well. Today when I picked her up she said she "cant wait to see her friends again." I told her she would see them Tuesday and she told me, "oh.. I miss them!" She loves to tell me about the things she did in class each day and it is really fun to see her work. I love that she loves school. :)



Braxton is getting to be a real talker and he walks really well; he's running all over the place now! He can still be really fussy; especially when he's getting more teeth! He is still a sweetheart and is learning to play more on his own. :)


(For some reason the photos wouldn't turn. I even edited them and re-saved them.. Oh well, sideways Braxton it is!)


Devin is still working as a mechanic at Advanced Powersports. He has a ton of work and not a lot of time but he is doing well there. :) He is stressed with our current situation; rightfully so, and is trying his best to make it a good situation.





We also had a great time visiting Utah and staying at Quinn and Randy's for the Clark's family reunion! Quinn's new house is lovely and it was the perfect place to spend the weekend. We were able to spend a lot of time just hanging out and playing together. Devin got to spend time with his dad and Randy playing golf. He also had a lot of time to spend with the kiddos; which he doesn't get to do a lot of. I started to teach Claire how to crochet. She was really interested and did a good job making a chain. After it got a bit harder she wanted to play with the kids but would come back every so often to try again. Quinn and Randy also took us all to the new Children's Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving point; which was AMAZING! They also took everyone swimming at the Lehi Legacy Center Pool. It's a super fun pool that is great for families! Thanks so much for the awesome weekend!


































In the midst of all the fun I was doing a bunch of stuff to figure out what was going on with me. I found out from an ultrasound the lymph nodes were swollen way too much to be an infection and it would most likely be lymphoma. I then had a lymph node biopsy to determine if it would be Hodgkin's, Non-Hodgkin's, or something else. The biopsy came back as Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Considering all the cancers I could have it is actually one of the better ones to have. It is one of the least common cancers but it is one of the most curable ones.

From last Friday until yesterday I did different tests every day in Twin Falls so we could determine the stage the cancer was at. I had to do a Pulminary Function Test to determine a baseline for my lungs in case I start having problems with my lungs. A MUGA-heart scan- to determine a baseline for my heart. A CT Scan and a PET Scan; and lastly a Bone Marrow Biopsy to determine if the cancer has moved to my marrow. I was really worried it would hurt so bad.. It hurt a bit but was mainly a really uncomfortable pressure with a few spikes of a small, sharp pain.

Today we went in for my results. The scans all pointed to stage 2; which is great because I thought I had another lump which indicated stage 3 but it wasn't anything. If the bone marrow is effected it will automatically be determined stage 4 but we are hoping for good results. (Should know within 10 days) The protocol for stage 2 is 4 cycles of chemo and then a PET scan to check progress, and if needed then 2 more cycles of chemo. She said I would most likely need all 6 because my tumors are so big. If it is stage 4 I will definitely need all 6 and possibly 2 more. My oncologist thinks we will have good news though because most people with lymph nodes which are only swollen in the upper half of the body don't have stage 4. So, we'll see!

I get a port put in on Monday; which is minor surgery. It will allow them to hook the chemo up to the port directly and not needing to start an IV each time. Then, on Tuesday I'll be starting chemo.. I'm nervous of course, and definitely not excited.. but I know it will cure me and I'll be fine. It will be about 6 months of being sick, and about a year of recovery after, but then it will be over!

My mom is going to come up and be here with me to help with the house and kiddos. Melanie and Matthew are going to be able to come up and help out as well. We started a calendar for people who would like to help out so we can schedule the help. If you would like to be added to the calendar let me know and I'll add you. :)

Lastly.. we do not currently have insurance and will not be able to get any until next year. We are currently in the process of applying for financial aid but we are uncertain right now if we'll qualify. So we are trying to figure out a way to pay for it all. :)

I have started up with Younique again and am doing a "Re-launch Party". It still has about 6 days left. It is all online, you just read the posts and if you are interested in buying then you click on the link and buy. If you would like to be invited to this party, let me know. :)

Also, I started a "fund me" account which is a way you can donate to help pay for things if you are able to. I'll have the link on the sidebar of the blog if you are interested.

Well, anyways.. that's what's going on. I'm not thrilled to have cancer and to go through this while I'm still in my twenties but I have already had many blessings come from it.

Devin and I have a much better relationship.
I am getting closer to God.
I am learning to accept help from others.
I am learning to take time to get what I need so I can be useful to others.
I have learned how much support I really do have and how many awesome friends and family I have!

I am going to be fine, we will all make it through this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment